7 Ideas to Improve Curb Appeal This Fall
Whether you’re thinking about improving the exterior or your home for the sake of increasing the likelihood of selling, or because you want to keep up with the Jones, it is important to think about ways to add some nice changes to your landscaping.
1. Although fall foliage adds nice color to your landscaping, it is still a good idea to maintain the appearance of the yard by raking the leaves and reseeding any bare spots.
2. The brilliant colors of mums and aster will spruce up your flower beds and replace those dying summer plants. Just remember to keep in mind the recommended growing conditions and size of the plant.
3. Highlight your front door. This is always a good idea no matter what season it is, but a simple wreath of fall foliage can add an inviting touch. You may also want to add a fresh coat of paint on your door to make your entrance more inviting.
4. Clean up the exterior. When fall rolls around and the trees aren’t as full, the exterior of your home becomes more visible. Take the opportunity to wash your windows and pressure wash your siding. If the paint is chipped or faded, a fresh coat of paint will liven up the appearance of your home.
5. Clear out the gutters. Staying on top of this maintenance will not only let potential buyers know that you care about your home, but will protect it from potential water damage.
6. Add exterior lighting. As the days get shorter, having lighting is important to brighten your pathways and entrance. You can highlight your landscaping with some nice shorter solar pathway lights that will add some interest to people passing by.
7. Keep decorations simple and tasteful. While you may really enjoy big spiders and spider webs extending along your front porch, potential home buyers and neighbors may not.