Having rental properties is a lot of work. Often, the number of activities you need to do to maintain your rental Upper St. Clair homes leased and in good condition can appear to be overwhelming. But there is one approach to make your life a lot easier: hire a property management company. A full-service Upper St. Clair property management company such as Real Property Management Three Rivers can take over almost all of the tasks required to manage your rental property. More precisely, there are nine steps that a property management company makes your life comfortable.
- Market assessments. You have to conduct a regular comparative market analysis on your Upper St. Clair rental properties to determine rental rates, plan future improvements, etc. It takes time for this to do well. A good property management company is going to do that for you.
- Preparing your rental to lease. Before a tenant moves in, several activities are needed to complete to get your rental house ready. Each of them must be handled as efficiently as possible. From repairs to cleaning, a property management company can handle it all.
- Advertising. To keep your property leased continuously, you have to advertise. It can be a confusing process, particularly if you are trying to promote your property on multiple rental websites. However, when you work with a property management company, they do all of this for you.
- Tenant screening. Selecting the right tenants is another step that you can confidently hand over to a good property management company. Screening tenants by yourself can be a challenging and complicated task. But a property management company will sort applications, run background checks, call references, and more.
- Lease preparation and signing. Putting together lease documents that are clear and precise can be a challenging task. A professional property management company can hardly be beat in this case. They will provide lease documents and attachments that have been appropriately arranged by legal experts.
- Collecting rent. These days, tenants want to pay their rent online. And if ever they don’t pay, what’s happening next? A good property management company will be ready to provide tenants multiple payment options and address any possible non-payment issues.
- Property maintenance. All rental properties need regular maintenance to remain profitable. An excellent property management company will have home service professionals prepared and willing to manage your property. Therefore, you will know things are being done regularly and correctly.
- Lease renewals. Working with current tenants to renew their leases is a common aspect of having rental properties. They might want to negotiate their terms or payment, or you might need to increase the rent according to current market rates. A property management company can help you navigate these conversations with confidence.
- Managing move-outs. If your tenant chooses not to renew their lease, the move-out process begins. You’ll have to manage several different duties at the same time while looking for a new tenant. That’s unless you’ve got your property management company doing it for you.
Assigning your rental property to another person might make you paranoid at first. But you’ll understand once you know how much time you will save and how minor issues will be settled. With an Upper St. Clair property manager from Real Property Management Three Rivers on your team, you will realize why you didn’t employ a property management company sooner.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.